Oct 31, 2011

One Day!

First off, Happy Halloween! I hope you have a spooktacular day and remember that it is your RIGHT as a parent to check the candy before the kids eat it, which of course comes with a charge that you get to take at least one good candybar.  Unfortunately, my kids aren't huge fans of Snickers, so I HAVE to eat them...darn.

Second, do you know what tomorrow is?

NaNoWriMo. 

Breathe.

Are you ready?  Are you dedicated enough?  Have you really let your loved ones know that you aren't kidding and this will get done?  

I'm VERY fortunate to have an incredibly supportive husband, and three crockpots, so I think I'm set. 

Third, but certainly not least, my dear friend's book comes out.  Which one?


Yes, the second book in the Matched trilogy.  I've known Ally since elementary school, which practically makes me famous, and I really adored Matched.

Are you so excited?  

Seriously, though, maybe a little stressed because there is NO way that I can wait until December to read this and I'm very concerned that I'm not going to want to put it down once I start it but how can I just let it sit, looking all shiny and wonderful, on my bookshelf.  Ally and Crossed will have a blog tour, you know, to make us even more excited. 

What's a girl to do?

But really, when it comes right down to it, that's a pretty awesome dilemma to have.

14 comments :

Kim Van Sickler said...

You have to feel nearly as excited for your grade-school friend as if it were your book coming out. The two of you have such a history together.

Good luck with NaNoWriMo. I'm going to consolidate two books into one this month. It's going to be brutal.

Lillie McFerrin said...

It is indeed your duty as a parent to test all of your children's candy :) I don't have any children, so I take my younger brother's trick-or-treating and then help by safety checking their candy!

I'm super excited about NaNoWriMo! I think I'm as prepared as I can be. Will know soon :) Best of luck to you!!!

Julie Daines said...

So excited for Crossed! And totally geared up for NaNo. Not sure my family is as excited for NaNo as I am, but, oh well. They can eat and have clean laundry in December...

Dianne K. Salerni said...

Good luck with Nano! It's great to have a supportive family!

My family puts up with my writing all year long, bless their hearts. NaNo won't be different from any other month for me ...

Anita said...

Oh! I should've thought of the crock pot!

Shallee said...

Yay for NaNo! I'm so excited about it. :) Good luck!

And I can't wait for Crossed. I loved Matched too.

Lena Corazon said...

My crockpot is definitely going to get a workout this November, Tasha. Not exactly sure if I'll make the 50k, but I'm going to have a lot of fun trying. :D

Al said...

Thanks for your lovely words on my blog!
I can't imagine fitting NANO in to my jam packed life!
Have fun!

KarenG said...

Yes I am taking the plunge into nanowrimo again. Not sure how I'll manage it with a book launch happening as well, but I'll give it a try!

Sangu said...

Oooh how exciting! I loved MATCHED and I'm dying to get to CROSSED!

E.R. King said...

I'm so excited to read Crossed! I can't wait to get my hands on it.
Good luck with NaNo!

Melissa Sugar said...

Congratulations on your win over at the killer characters blogfest. Awesome prize. Good luck with NaNo.

Ainsley Shay said...

Been in a writing frenzy to finish a book and gear up for another to start for NANO - so I apologize for not responding sooner. Thank you for the follow and good luck with NANO and lastly congrats to your friend - I didn't read Matched yet - but it's on my list, as is the 2nd book in the series.

ps - crock pots are the best!!

Sommer Leigh said...

Happy NaNo Day Five!
Hopefully the initial excitement is still going strong, but if not I've come with a toolbox of inspiration. Ready?

First, quote of the day: Don't give up what you want most for what you want right now.

Second, NaNo Tip of the Day: Don't forget to reward yourself. It is often easier to notice our lagging word count numbers than to notice how far we've already come.

Good luck!!! Just keep writing!!!