Jan 25, 2012

Awards and Blogfests

It seems that it is the season for awards and there are some seriously fun upcoming blogfests.

First, I received the Liebster Award from Swagger Writers

 and the Great Comments award from Christine Rains and J A Bennett.  


The Liebster Award is for blogs that have fewer than 200 followers, and guys, there are some good ones!  

The funny this is my group blog just got this award over the weekend so I made sure that we I didn't double up.  (What?  A group blog you say?  Why yes!  If you have a second, would love for you to swing over, take a look around, throw us a follow)  :)

Okay, guys.  The Great Comments Award.  Seriously people, you amaze me.  Monday's post had the most comments that I have received without participating in a blogfest.  You guys were just here and dropped in to say hi and it totally made my day.  I truly love this community - you guys are my second home and I mean it.  

BTW, before I pass on this award, I do want you to know that I respond to all comments through email.  I try really hard to get to all of them, but you need to have your blogger profile set to accept these emails. Just wanted you to know that I'm not ignoring you by not responding in the comments :)

Okay, here are *some* of the awesome comment people.


Here are a couple of the fun blogfests coming up.  If you haven't participated, you really need to.  It is a nice way to get the creative juices flowing if they have become a little stagnant, meet fellow bloggers and genuinely have tons of fun.  I'm participating in the following ones


The idea is to create support and share the love of bloggers that not everyone may know.  What a great idea!  And the prizes are pretty amazing too.  Check out more info here.


Katie Mills (Creepy Query Girl), Alex Cavanaugh, Matthew MacNish and DL Hammons are hosting the origins blogfest, where writers say what happened to make them start writing - where it all began - a long time ago...okay, you get the idea.  For more info on this one, go here


Cassie Mae and Angie Cothran are hosting the I'm Hearing Voices Blogfest with some really fun prompts.  In an effort to stay caught up on my life, I wrote mine over the weekend, and they really did help flesh out some characters I hadn't really paid much attention to before.  You want to play, I promise.  Go here for more info.  

There might be another one I jump in with - if I do I'll let you know.  

Holy long blog post Batman!

What do you love about your commentors?  What blogfests are you excited about?  



14 comments :

welcome to my world of poetry said...

Congrats on the award.also to the people you passed it on to.

I hope to take part in the CaasFire blogfest but may be jet lagged as I return home from the US a day before.

Also I am doing the Origins I have already written my post as it happens just after I go away.

Yvonne.

Cassie Mae said...

Awesome for the awards!!!! Whoot whoot!

And thanks for the love and spreading the word for the blogfest. :)

Oh ya, totally excited!

Annalisa Crawford said...

Just noticed I'm on your list of great commenters - thank you! And congratulations on both your awards. Well deserved.

Emily R. King said...

Congrats on the awards! And thank you for thinking of me. Reading your blog is fun to do, fun to do, fun to do!
I look forward to all three of these blogfests and meeting more bloggers!

Erin Shakespear said...

Thanks for sharing the info about the blogfests! I'm going to try to take part in these more. Should be fun!

J. A. Bennett said...

I love how supportive everyone is, it makes blogging so fun. Also I'm participating in a blogfest today that you should check out :)

S.P. Bowers said...

Thanks for thinking of me. What I like most about comments is A. how supportive and friendly everyone is, B. that they cared enough about what I said to comment. They didn't have to agree with it but it sparked something in them. I like that two way communication.

Stacy S. Jensen said...

Congrats on the awards. I see some unfamiliar names, so I have some following to do today. I'm excited about the AtoZ blogging challenge in April.

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

Congrats on the awards and thanks for the heads up on all the fun stuff coming!

Angela Cothran said...

Thanks for the blogfest shout out! And thank you for the nice complement. I'm glad my comments aren't annoying :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations and thank you!
What I like best? For one, my commentors are all my blogging buddies and friends I've developed over the past two years. They are awesome because they humor me by reading my posts!

Lynda R Young said...

congrats on your awards.
So many great blogfests are coming up!

Sophia Chang said...

LOL Awww thanks!

I just read this and went, "Aw I never get that comments reward, sigh...I'll just read this list and see who else is awesome." Then I saw my name! weeee! Thank you muchly!

Sarah Pearson said...

Congratulations on your award. I might actually get myself organised enough to sign up for a couple of these blogfests :-)