Jan 11, 2012

Happy Writer Moments

Ladies and Gentlemen!

I have been in a funk.  Like a am I happy with my career I just want to sit in bed and read everyone's life is going better than mine right now funk.  And I don't really have a reason for it.

So I got thinking this morning that I am going Pollyanna my way out of this mess.

I give to you my Happy Writer Moments.

Last week, thanks in large part to the IWSG, I passed 100 followers on my blog.  This happened in just three months, and still blows me away when I think about it.

I wrote a scene that has been hanging out in my head for MONTHS, just waiting for me to get all the framework in place and be in the right frame of mind to write it.  I have re-read it three or four times, and haven't made a change to it yet.  That rarely happens for me.

And, I added myself to the first chapter competition at LDStorymakers.  That means that at that conference, I'm attending the publication primer, participating in a pitch session and entering a competition.  It's really putting myself out there as a writer, but I decided I had hid this in my own closet for too long, put it off, which meant putting off my dreams, and I was not okay with that.

Also, I'm thinking about making this a regular feature on my blog - maybe once or twice a month with a little linky-loo so lots of others can play - thoughts?

It's your turn - what have been your recent Happy Writer Moments?  What keeps you coming back to this, even when everything else is crashing and your are peaking at the good stuff on the other side of the fence?

15 comments :

Miranda Hardy said...

I like reading happy moments. Good luck with the contest. Way to go, putting yourself out there. You are far ahead of me. Lol

I was able to finish a chapter on a new novel and copy edit an older novel this past week. I'm slicing that novel in half and adding a whole new beginning. Should be quite an undertaking, but I'm up for the challenge.

Annalisa Crawford said...

Today's happy moment was writing a paragraph I've been struggling with, and finally getting it right.

I'd love to attend a writers conference. There are loads around me in the summer, but kids and timing prevent me.

Cassie Mae said...

Yay! I love happy moments! (I call them pay days since I don't get those, lol)

This week was seeing a spike in numbers for followers too and having two awesome bloggers ask if they could interview me. (Yikes! didn't think that would happen ever!)

As for writing, I finally got out of my funk and cranked out a ton of words the other day. :)

L.G.Smith said...

Best way out of a funk is to focus on the positive!!

I celebrated my one year blog anniversary this week, so that was fun. I also wrapped up another chapter in the WIP. It's going slow but steady.

Congrats on passing 100 followers!

J. A. Bennett said...

"Pollyanna my way out of this mess" lol! You are totally awesome I can't wait to meet you at Storymakers and cheer you on. I was going to enter the first chapter contest, but now... I might still do it, who knows.

Rosalyn said...

I had no idea you were in a funk! I'm glad you pulled out of it. (Next time, say something! What are crit partners for if not to help with stuff like that?) I can't think of any happy writer moments at the moment--I have a head cold that makes it hard to care and I'm buried under a freelance project that I need to hand in next week. But hey, it's sort of writing and it pays, so I can't complain too much!

Jessica Salyer said...

Glad to hear you're out of your funk. Sometimes all we can do is look at the good things. I just past 100 followers too! Congrats!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Slay that funk! And congratulations on a hundred followers.
I'm happy to be writing scenes for my third book now.

Erin Shakespear said...

Hmmmmmm....ok. So, one of my happy writing moments was this week.

I realized the fear I'd given my main character and an event that happens at the end of the book tie together REALLY nicely. In that, he is scared of water and he has to face it to save someone at the end....these were seperate ideas that I hadn't planned on tying together. So, I love it when that happens...when some random tidbit ties into the greater picture so well.

I like this...Pollyanna out of your funk. LOL! And 100 followers? Congratulations! :)

Elana Johnson said...

The best thing to do when you're seeing greener grass is to get off the Internet. At least for me.

And yes! I've been busy. I finished an outline--and I hate outlining more than anything. I finished a synopsis, and I think I hate them more than outlines. So I'm counting both of those as happy moments.

welcome to my world of poetry said...

Congrats on your 100th follower, Good luck with your writing.

Yvonne.

Dianne K. Salerni said...

Congrats on reaching 100 followers so soon! Woo Hoo!

This week has been kind of low for me for various small, piddling reasons. But a Writer High occurred tonight when I was randomly reading through my blog list(it's gotten so big I can only do a little each day) and stumbled across my name in somebody else's blog and a quote from my post today.

Something I posted inspired another writer and made her feel better about where she was on her writing path.

That made me smile. That was a high.

Kim Van Sickler said...

Hi Tasha,

I remember when you had 70-something followers during the Warm Fuzzies Blogfest. Your blog is growing strong! I think what keeps me going is two-fold. One, nothing beats the feeling of accomplishment when I craft something I'm proud of, and two, I try to lead a full life outside of my writing so that any rejections don't sting as much as they would if writing was the only thing on my plate.

kmckendry said...

My happy moment was that I actually had 2 whole uninterrupted hours to work on my novel! Good luck keeping the funk away.

Christine Murray said...

I love the freedom of writing. When life gets tough, I can just power up my laptop and transport myself away!

Positivity is the ultimate way to zap a funk imo. Pollyanna is underrated ;)