Feb 24, 2012

Prepped and Ready...I Think

First of all, today is my first post as an instructor at The Writer's Dojo.  Would love for you to swing by and see what I have to say about courtesy :)

I have been to a few writer's conferences before, but this year, I'm trying something new.  I pretty much signed up for everything I qualified for at the LDStorymakers conference in May.  It is an amazing conference, a really reasonable price and you don't have to be LDS to attend.

LDStorymakers

They are currently having a contest for some pretty amazing prizes:
Prizes: Three lucky people will win seats at a star-studded VIP table for Friday night's dinner.  That's right - Kevin J. Anderson, Molly O'Neill, Holly Root, Michelle Wolfson,and Kathleen Ortiz will be your dinner companions.
First Place Prize:  Seat at the VIP table, a query critique, and two-page manuscript critique

Second Place Prize: Seat at the VIP table and a two-page manuscript critique

Third Place Prize: Seat at the VIP table

Fourth Place Prize: Query critique and 10-page manuscript critique

Fifth and Sixth Place Prizes: Query Critiques

I know, right?  Amazing!!!

But that's not all with this conference for me.  Nope, in the last two weeks I also submitted my first chapter into a contest.

And sent in 10 pages for what they call Publication Primer with some amazing instructors who are going to work over the pages of all the writers in our groups to help us get to the point where we are really ready for publication.

And I signed up for a pitch session with Michelle Wolfson, who seems really nice and hilarious on twitter...hoping it goes well....freaking out a little...not too much....probably more than I would like to say...

I just started a really intense revision of my WIP - it's turning out really good.  I can tell because my CP's have been very nit-picky the last few times we've met.  In critique land, I think that means that the main idea, the point, characters, plot, are really coming together, hopefully for a long relationship.

What have you done to advance your writing in the last month?  What are your plans for the future to keep moving forward?  Are you going to any conferences in the near future?

12 comments :

Miranda Hardy said...

You're sure to have a great time and meet some great people.

Cristina said...

oh, it all sounds awesome. I'm off to read your post at Writer's Dojo :)

Kyra Lennon said...

You have a lot of great stuff going on!

The Writer's Dojo is awesome, thanks for directing me over there!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

If you're going to go to a conference, might as well get as much out of it as possible!

elizabeth seckman said...

Best of luck with it all!

Kelley said...

I'd love to go to a conference. I keep saying that and I really just need to do it.

Good luck with yours! Sounds super exciting!

Chantele Sedgwick said...

Yay!! I'll see you there! And good luck with everything you signed up for! :D

Angela Cothran said...

I'll be there too! I'm pitching to Kathleen Ortiz. I'm kind of freaking out. I'm super excited to meet you :)

Cortney Pearson said...

Good luck with your pitch session! I'd like to go to this conference too...might have to look into it! :)

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Wow, you have a lot going on. I'm going to a state-wide conference in May. It's so fun. I love it.

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi, Tasha. I'm stopping by to check out your blog. I'm also participating in the A to Z challenge. Look forward to seeing what you blog about in April.

Jillian said...

Congrats on doing so much to move forward with your writing. I haven't been to a conference yet, but I really hope to in the near future. Have a great time!