Feb 20, 2012

Tag, I'm it


I was tagged by Annalisa and Danielle 

Here are Annalisa's Questions...

1. Which book, that you're supposed to love, do you actually hate?
My degree in college was English Literature so I'm supposed to like Moby Dick, but I would rather repeatedly stab my fingers with needles than read that.  I keep wondering if it is a growth thing, that if I go back to it I might find I really like it, but I just can't bring myself to do it. 
2. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
Golfer and I took our kids to see The Adventures of TinTin which was much better than I expected it to be.  Before that it was Sherlock Holmes and I LOVED it.
3. Name four people (dead or alive) you would like to invite for dinner. 
John Milton, Ludwig Van Beethoven, Sergei Rachmaninoff and Thomas Jefferson.
4. Can you remember your first teacher?
Mrs. Topham - Kindergarten.  We both dressed up as witches for Halloween complete with red handled brooms.  I was convinced I was the coolest kid ever.
5. In which order should Star Wars be watched: IV, V, VI, I, II, III or I, II, III, IV, V, VI?
Initially IV, V, VI, I, II, III.  I just don't see how the final scene of III can have the dramatic impact desired if the others haven't been seen first.
6. Which fictional character would you like to be for a day?
7. Sweet or savoury?
Savory most of the time.  
8. Do you have a tattoo? How many?
Nope.
9. Do you still have your first teddy bear? (I do.)
No on this one either.
10. Oggy, oggy, oggy... Does anyone know what comes next? (hehehe)
Hmmm....I've got nothing.
11. What are you reading right now?
Dies Iras by Christine Fonseca and The Time Traveler's Wife.  

And here are Danielle's questions.

1. What character from a novel (fiction or non-fiction) do you most want to be?
For the sake of difference, let's go with Cassia from Matched series.
2. Name one thing on your bucket list.
Go to England
3. Who is your favorite author?
Hmmm....cheating a little (okay, a lot) on this one
World Literature - Homer, Aristotle, Plato, Dante, Khaled Hosseini, Ha Jin
British Literature (emphasis in college) - Shakespeare, Chaucer, Milton, Wordsworth, Browning (both), Joyce, C.S. Lewis
American Literature - Twain, Steinbeck, Hemingway, Poe
Contempoary - Carrie Ryan, Ally Condie, Maggie Stiefvater, Rick Riordan, Cassandra Clare, Libba Bray, Breanna Yovanoff, Markus Zusak, Laurie Halse Anderson....have to stop now!
4. What’s your top two favorite tv series?
Psych and Person of Interest
5. Which animal would you want to be?
Ummm....
All the owl rings were worn for photographic purposes only.
6. What superhero or power would you want to wield?
Either teleportation or Mary Poppin's blink and clean
7. Which two book series would you recommend?
I just finished The Forest of Hands and Teeth which BLEW me away.  I liked the way the Mercy Falls trilogy concluded but am going completely crazy waiting for the third Matched novel.  (shoot, cheated again).
8. What standalone novel do you covet?
The Night Circus
9. Is there a book series or standalone novel you wish you thought of first? What is it?
I loved Water for Elephants, The Lovely Bones, and Rick Riordan's series' are just genius.
10. Give me your best creative ending to this sentence --> This dog came into the store today …
embarrassed because he once again had to pick up some kitty litter for his wife.
11. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
Mt. Vernon, WA or Nuneaton England.


I have seen this going around all over and don't know who has had it or who hasn't, so pick one of the questions from either list and leave a comment.  


Should I be concerned or impressed with my owl jewelry collection?  What do you love and collect?



12 comments :

Suzie F. said...

Definitely impressed...I love your owls. I'm almost finished reading The Night Circus and am loving it. Mary Poppins' blink and clean would be awesome!

Danielle B. said...

Kitty litter!!! Buahahahaha! So good! It's ok if you cheated - I don't think I could have answered most of those with one or two either. Thanks for playing along!

Nancy said...

Love the owl collection. In the form of karate I used to take we would go on a nature walk and whatever animal took an interest in us was our totem, maybe the owl is yours.

Annalisa Crawford said...

You are so right on the Star Wars question!

M.J. Fifield said...

I love Psych. It's one of my favorite shows too.

Angela Cothran said...

You are totally right...Moby Dick should be burned. Mind numbingly boring.

Chantele Sedgwick said...

Ba ha ha ha! The kitty litter thing killed me! LOL

I love the old Star Wars movies, but I'm not a huge fan of the new ones. :P Han and Lea For the Win!

I loved The Forest of Hands and Teeth series. SO good. And creepy. I usually don't like creepy so I was surprised I liked them so much.

And collection wise? I collect harps. Christmas ornaments or whatever. I have lots. :)

Andrew Leon said...

I loved Moby Dick. It's the only book I've ever marked up with a highlighter and notes. It's possible that you have to do a careful read of Billy Bud, first, but Moby Dick is a really great book. Yes, it spends a lot of time talking about the process of whaling, but some of that stuff is actually important to the story. You have to be willing to go deep, really deep, for that one.

Psych is awesome.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Psych! That is an awesome show.

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

Love all your answers! I'm totally with you on Star Wars, and I have The Night Circus next on my reading list, and I'm dying for the next Ally Condie book and it's going to be ages because Crossed just came out in hardcover!

Leigh Covington said...

LOL! I love your ending to the dog sentence. That's awesome! This tag stuff has been fun. Good way to get to know everyone. :0) Love your answers.

Suze said...

Poppins' blink and clean -- nice!

Well, Tasha. Personable yet not too personal, very well done.