Mar 30, 2012

THANK YOU!!!

First off, I am participating in the A to Z Challenge this year - have about 1/4 of my posts written (YAY!), so for April I'll be posting more often.  I can't wait for this event.  Are you playing?

Yesterday I was all excited because my calendar was pretty empty.  Then I walked into my daughters' room and realized that several small hurricanes and possibly a bomb or two had gone off.  It was a disaster.  It needed to be cleaned - desperately.  But it isn't my mess, they are old enough to know how to clean, and I wasn't going to do it for them.  So I sat on a bed, played games on my Thrive and repeated, keep going, move faster, you're almost there.

It took almost two hours.

But then I got thinking about all my lovely blogger friends and how awesome you guys are.  I mean really amazing blow my mind away love you all awesome.  Throughout the last month, you have been encouraging, motivating, letting me know that sometimes things fall to the wayside for a bit, but to remember where they are and go get them.

You are the mom to my messy room.  (Not quite the wind beneath my wings, but I'm not Bette Midler and both of us are lots happier right now that I'm not trying to sing to you...).

Thank you for the kindness you show, the motivation you give, the been there done that stories - just for being amazing.  I'm truly in awe at this community.

Hopefully I can pay it forward at least equal to how you shared with me.

How has the online community surprised you?  How many of you feel like some of your dearest friends live in the land of Internet?  Whose blog do you just think everyone should follow?



22 comments :

Tonja said...

It's amazing how fast rooms get cleaned if you say they can't go anywhere until it's clean. I hope my kids want to go somewhere tonight. :)

I agree, this community is great. I've been out of sorts the last few weeks and no one has given up on me.

Chantele Sedgwick said...

I love this community. Seriously. You guys have given me so much motivation to be better. Not only in writing, but life. I couldn't ask for better writing friends! :)

Kyra Lennon said...

This community is the best! Everyone is so motivating, supporting and inspiring. I wish I'd started blogging years ago!

Julie said...

You are so right, I am constantly amazed at how supportive and caring the blogging community is. I feel so fortunate to be part of it!!

It's great you are participating in the A-Z, I'm looking forward to reading your posts. I think it's going to be such a fun April! :)

Angela Cothran said...

What a great metaphor. I completely agree :) Without fellow writers I would be a mess!

Cassie Mae said...

Aww shucks my dear, you know you are one of those mommies, right? Can't tell ya how many times your kind words have boosted my ego, lol.

<3!!

David P. King said...

The online community has surprised the heck out of me and have taught me so much that there is no way I could ever repay. Great friends and people and writers all around. :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I had no idea what to expect when I began and it has stunned me to say the least. That's why I try to pay back the support in any way possible.

Joshua said...

I love many of the people I've met on this huge Internet. As for who must be followed, I always opt for Alex C, of course, and DEZ over at Hollywood Spy. Love them.

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

You know, actually, I think I'd like to hear you sing! And a one-uh and a two-uh and a three-uh.... SING! :)

S.P. Bowers said...

Wait...rooms are supposed to be clean? Huh.

Blogging friends are the best. First of they never stop by so I don't have to clean or cook for them (I totally would though if they wanted to come over) And they understand what it's like to write when no one else does. They don't think I'm crazy, well not too crazy. And they make me happy and make me laugh.

Emily R. King said...

Aw, I love following your blog, Tasha. You're so real and funny, how could I not like you? :)

Good luck with your deep cleaning!

Juliana L. Brandt said...

Gosh yes, I love this community and have some absolutely wonderful friends because of it :)

*head slap* I totally didn't think about writing my A to Z posts early. Such a great idea!

Dianne K. Salerni said...

Aaaaww, "the mom to my messy room." What a sweet thing to say!

And I've done the same thing: sat in the room and watched them clean, encouraging and supporting all the while.

Occasionally, I might say: Missed a spot. ;)

Jessie Humphries said...

Hah! Bette Midler. Gotta love that gal! I agree that this little community of ours is pretty fabulous. I truly didn't expect that.

Stacy S. Jensen said...

Good luck with your A to Z posts. I'm still working on mine (should be doing that now), but wanted to read a just a few more posts before I get back to work.

Peggy Eddleman said...

Awww! The mom to your messy room! I love that sentiment! Yes, the online community surprised me. I had no idea I could love a bunch of people I have never met so much!

Misha Gericke said...

I have quite a few bloggers that I think of as friends. Love them to bits, even though I never technically met them. :-)

Kelley said...

Awww, I feel the same way for you babe!!! Love that metaphor :)

Rachel Frost said...

I'm another one of those that feels like I've made some friends. I've never met them in real life, but those bloggers are so thoughtful and endearing.

I'm doing A-to-Z also. I'm curious to see what topics you've chosen! :)

Journaling Woman said...

Hi, I'm here! I agree support is the best gift we can give to and receive from others.

See you at the A-Z.

Teresa

Sarah Pearson said...

I love all the support I've received, and if I can give it back in some small way then I'm happy. But I'm not cleaning any rooms ;-)