Apr 16, 2012

A to Z - Never Give Up

I guess this is a continuation of the last post.  We all go through periods when the motivation dwindles - that's just life.  The difference between the people who have success and those who fade away from their dreams is sheer determination and perseverance.

If you think about someone you admire - writer or not, there are always times when they could have given up.  But the difference between them and, sadly, too many people in the world, is that when the things go wrong and it seems like the world is going to win but they keep going, having faith or hope or just sheer stubborn drive that the happily ever after can happen for them too.

If it can happen for them...why not for you?

19 comments :

Stina Lindenblatt said...

That's the attitude I like to have. If I'm not where I want to be, it just means I need to work harder to get there, and my reward will feel even sweeter. :)

welcome to my world of poetry said...

I gave up many years ago, was negative , then read some books and a new positive person was "Born", Tenacity plays a large part in mot giving up.

Most interesting issue for N.

Yvonne.

Kyra Lennon said...

This is really excellent advice. It would be so easy to give up after every rejection, but only if you keep going can you get where you really want to be!

elizabeth seckman said...

I was telling my cousin how tough book publishing was and she said, "I figure...if it weren't, we'd all be doing it."
She was right. It is hard. The greatest challenge is in the endurance.

Cassie Mae said...

I love the look on that top guy's face, haha!

Angela Cothran said...

What a fab picture! No one ever got anywhere by giving up.

Jaycee DeLorenzo said...

Great attitude!

Emily R. King said...

I've given up so many times I've lost count, but I always come back (most of the time on my knees). That's what matters, right?

Thanks for the post!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's right! Never give up, never surrender.

Lynn Proctor said...

great words

Joshua said...

Alex beat me to it! Whenever I hear "Never give up!" I think of GALAXY QUEST.

Annalisa Crawford said...

I've never given up, but I've had very extended breaks. I am writing - I couldn't imagine a life without it.

Leigh Covington said...

I love this picture. It's a great visual as to WHY we should never give up. You never know if your next hit is going to be "the one!" :) Love it Tasha! Keep 'em coming!

Emma said...

AMEN! That's what I'm talking about. Thanks for a great blog.

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi Tasha. Great post.

Susanne
PUTTING WORDS DOWN ON PAPER

Kelley Lynn said...

Must...keep...going :)

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Love the picture. Somedays I'm more stubborn than others.

Nicole said...

Don't stop believing. ;)

Simon Kewin said...

I often give up. Sometimes for several whole minutes ...