Apr 28, 2012

A to Z - You

In the midst of all the writing and everything that we are doing every day, it is easy to slip into what I like to call new mom mode.  You get so caught up in all the new fantastic responsibilities and the person who is in charge of it all is neglected.

You.

When we are writing and excited about our stories, it is essential we remember the importance of keeping ourselves healthy and human.  We need to remember that we aren't just story writing robots who, as long as we are plugged in, will keep producing.

When under a crunch, I find if I will make myself eat really well, I can handle the stress better (and my pants still fit on the flip side).  If I make time to get my heart rate up a few times a week, I feel better.  And if I don't get enough sleep, I'm done for.

What do you do to make sure you are taking care of you? 

10 comments :

Annalisa Crawford said...

It's all about exercise for me - the gym, walking outside, playing football and frisbee with my kids.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I recently ramped up my exercise time and I feel better with more energy.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I still go to the gym and eat healthy, including consuming several bottles of water a day. Sleep is often killed by the job thing though.

Ricardo Miñana said...

have an interesting space, a great pleasure to read you.
if you like the poetry I invite you to my space.
happy day.
a greeting.

Nicole said...

I try to stay fit, exercise and get outside for a mental break...playing with my little nephews helps too. ;)

welcome to my world of poetry said...

I drink plenty of water, cut out the fizzy drinks several years ago, and try to walk as much as possibe.

Yvonne.

Susanne Drazic said...

I've changed my eating. Trying to stay 90-95% raw foods (no raw meat!), and get in plenty of water each day. I need to clear off my rebounder so that I can start using that everyday. Great way to get the circulation moving and blood flowing to the brain.

Dawn Malone said...

Getting away from the computer, the refrigerator, and getting outside to exercise by walking or digging in the gardens works for me.

Kelley Lynn said...

I just recently took a 'web' break. That was nice.

I do try and workout every day too, if only just walking. Helps keep me sane :)

michelle said...

Music, music, music... nourishes my heart and soul!
My hectic schedule takes care of the physical nourishment... dunno if that counts, though... maybe not... I did promise myself an exercise bike... we'll see.