Apr 30, 2012

A to Z - Zeal

On the last day of A to Z, this seems like a weird picture to put up.  Some of you might be thinking, "Again?" 

No.  And yes.

See, you don't have to do a challenge like this for another year (sure hope everyone participates next year - so much fun!)

But if you sit back and congratulate yourself on what you accomplished too long, there is the risk of entering the land of resting on our laurels, and that generally doesn't end well.

What didn't you quite get to because you wanted this challenge to be a success?   What are your goals, personally and writerly, as we move from spring to summer?  And I know lots of people are attending Storymakers this week - what do you want to get from the conference?

As with any goal, if the attitude and determination are aligned, success is inevitable.  It may not be as timely as we hoped, but it will happen.

What are you planning to do with zeal in May?  Over the summer?  How have you seen attitude change the outcome of a situation?

19 comments :

elizabeth seckman said...

My son is graduating from high school. I plan to pat myself on the back for 18 good years, then start getting him ready for college.

Cortney Pearson said...

I'm planning on querying with ZEAL this month!!! :D

loverofwords said...

Now, for me, it's time to reflect. I still have two more sessions of a class I am taking, and I did neglect it for the challenge, so some intensity in that direction for the next two weeks. Spring has come to Colorado, unless we have a little snow storm. Happy Summer to you!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I am going to dive back into working on my third and final book!

Cassie Mae said...

I'm going to finish this rewrite dang it! LOL.

Jaycee DeLorenzo said...

I'm going to write, write, write...and participate in another month-long blog hop. :shakes head:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I've been keeping a list of all the things I need to catch up on in May. It will be a challenge.

Lynn Proctor said...

i don't know that i have fully understood what the may thing is--will have to go back and read up---it has been so much fun--congrats!!!

Nicole said...

I'm planning to write with zeal and gusto this month. ;)

welcome to my world of poetry said...

I'm planning on what to write for another book.

Congrats on the completion of the challenge.

Yvonne.

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

Congrats on a successful finish to A to Z! :)

Kelley Lynn said...

Congrats on the A to Z Challenge.

I plan on finishing up polishing my MS and querying the heck out of it! :)

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi Tasha! I'm setting up several blog posts for May, so I can get back to doing more writing.

CONGRATS on the A to Z Challenge!

Susanne
PUTTING WORDS DOWN ON PAPER

Leigh Covington said...

I am focusing on my revision through May. It will keep me out of the blogosphere more than I'd like, but I need to focus on my book and I'm excited to do it! The challenge has been fun, but now there's the challenge of my book!

Simon Kewin said...

Congrats on finishing. Me, I'm going to get on with the writing I should have been doing!

Emily R. King said...

Zeal! That's what I'm missing! :)

Thanks for the pep talk. I needed it!

J. A. Bennett said...

I have no Zeal at the moment. I hoping Storymakers will give me the drive to get it back!

Elana Johnson said...

I am going to write the heck out of my WiP!

Cherie Larkins said...

I'm working on my new WIP until baby comes (hopefully I get to finish the first draft BEFORE baby comes, so I have 3 months--plenty of time, right?)