May 23, 2012

Closed Hearts Birthday + Bonus Content

Today is the launch of Susan Kaye Quinn's second Mindjack book, Closed Hearts, and I have to tell you how excited I am!  I devoured the first one, people.  Could not stop reading and I can't wait to see what Susan has in store for us in this second.  Needless to say, when I realized I could have the chance to share some bonus content on my blog, I jumped at the chance.  Be sure to check out the rafflecopter at the end :)

Mindjack BONUS CONTENT:  

Kira's Pinterest Board (Raf's too)
by Susan Kaye Quinn 

[Ed. Note: In celebration of the release of my novel Closed Hearts, I've created bonus content that relates to the Mindjack Trilogy. This bonus content arises from the story time between Open Minds (Bk#1) and Closed Hearts (Bk#2) - it's not terribly spoiler-ish, but you'll enjoy it more if you've read Open Minds already.]
 

I'm not the last person on Earth to have a Pinterest Board (considering you still need an invite - ask me if you want one!), but I was slow to join the party. Fortunately, the characters from my Mindjack series are from the future and are more comfortable with advanced technology than I am. Kira and Raf have their own Pinterest boards, to give you a peek into their lives in between Open Minds (Mindjack#1) and Closed Hearts (Mindjack#2).
I live in Chicago New Metro in the year 2110, although you couldn't tell by the way mindjackers are treated. But I started out as a zero, so I'm somewhat used to it. I just turned seventeen and got a new name. Couldn't keep the old one. Too many mindreaders and jackers angry about what I did. But no one will find me here - will they?

I'm Rafael Amaro Lobos Santos, but my friends call me Raf. I read minds like everyone else, but some days I wish I was a mindjacker instead. I know, crazy, right? But things would be ... simpler ... then. Although my parents would probably disown me, so there's that. But sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do for love. Even Mama would understand that. 


~~*~~

Closed Hearts (Mindjack #2)
$2.99 at AmazonBarnes and Noble
(ebook and print)

When you control minds, only your heart can be used against you.
 Bestselling YA novel Open Minds, Book One of the Mindjack Trilogy, is available on AmazonBarnes and Noble, and iTunes. The sequel Closed Hearts has just been released. Susan Kaye Quinn's business card says "Author and Rocket Scientist," but she mostly plays on TwitterFacebook, and Pinterest.
 
Mind GamesOpen MindsClosed HeartsIn His EyesLife, Liberty, and PursuitFull Speed Ahead


CLICK HERE to join the Closed Hearts Virtual Launch Party (with more bonus Mindjack Trilogy content and guest posts)
 and/or  
ENTER TO WIN PRIZES
(below)
a Rafflecopter giveaway

Have you read Open Minds yet?  


8 comments :

welcome to my world of poetry said...

A great and most interesting blog.
A pleasure to read.

Yvonne.

Susan Kaye Quinn said...

Thanks so much for hosting, Tasha!

Cassie Mae said...

Happy bookday to Susan! I haven't read the first one yet, but these look crazy good! Heading to Amazon...

Jenny Morris said...

Just saw that this is out on another blog. I can't wait to read it. Those Pinterest boards are so cool. If I ever get published I'm so doing that for my characters.
;0)

Donna K. Weaver said...

I think it's a fun idea to have a Pinterest Board for characters.

Christy @ Captivated Reading said...

I think I would much rather read minds. Mind jacking leads to trouble. ;)

Simon Kewin said...

Pinterest is a lot of fun and you have some good ideas on it. I'm going to be publishing a post along similar lines myself soon, as it happens.

Susan Kaye Quinn said...

Thanks so much to everyone who stopped by and made the launch day so much fun!