May 9, 2012

My {Delayed} Conference Recap

This was the first conference I went to since I declared to myself that I am a writer, and I was bound and determined to make the most of it.  I could go on and on for days about what an experience it was, but mostly, I would just like to share a few things. 

People, I took classes on How to Practice, Fixing the Easy, World Building, Avoiding the Slush Pile (queries), Increasing Productivity, Building an online presence, Getting over Excuses of Writing, Hero's Journey and Archetypes, and Blogging Better, as well as spending one additional day working through the first ten pages of my and four other women's WIP.

My brain hasn't even began to sort through all the info or the copious amounts of notes I took.

Not only that, but I got to meet all these people (sorry for the red eye in some of them)

 Julianne Donaldson (got her signature on my book too!)


 Front Row: Jeigh, Chantele, Katie, Ruth, Leigh, Angela
Back Row: Me, David, Jessie, Mel
 Some of the writer's at the dojo (I'm blogging there today as well)
 The incomparable Elana Johnson
 My brain was fried and I totally forgot I had pics with Angela, but she jumped in again with Emily.

I said it before and I'll say it again.  If you ever have the opportunity to attend a conference, DO IT.  

The only regret I have is that it's over.


14 comments :

J. A. Bennett said...

Yay! I made it onto a blog! it was great seeing you there and I'm still so glad you placed in the first chapter contest. You rock girl!

Emily R. King said...

Love it! I'm so glad you have a pic of us three. It was fun meeting you in person!

Cassie Mae said...

Oh those classes sound awesome! I'm so going next year if I get the chance. :)

Michael Offutt, Tebow Cult Initiate said...

I think I know all of these people from their blogs. Maybe. I dunno. I definitely no Ms King!

Angela Cothran said...

I LOVE it! It was so fun to meet you in the flesh :) Now that you posted all the pics people will know how tall you are and they won't be surprised :) When you met me you should have said you were surprised how short I was...then we would be even.

Danielle B. said...

Looks like you guys had a blast!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I know everyone pictured! Looks like a big blogger reunion.

Lynn Proctor said...

looks like a great time!

Dianne K. Salerni said...

I am jealous. I SO need to get to my butt to a conference.

I finally joined SCBWI. I guess that's one small step in the right direction.

Kelley Lynn said...

Looks like so much fun!

Stephen Tremp said...

I have yet to go to a conference. Glad to see you had a great time! I know I have to make a conference sometime. Excellent pics!

Donna K. Weaver said...

Wasn't it an awesome conference? It was so fun to get to see you again. Like you, my head is still reeling from all I learned. I had two major epiphanies, and now I get to figure out how to incorporate them in my current edit.

No wonder I've been so tired this week!

Deana said...

That is my only regret too! What a great conference! I'm so sad it's over:(

Leslie Pugh said...

I loved, loved, loved that conference! And I'm sad it's over, too. I wish it was two or three times a year!