First, I want to let you know of a giveaway happening on my group blog. I promise, you are going to want to jump over here and read all the details.
Second, it was interesting to me to see how many people use whatever form of portable technology to email, tweet, facebook, but very, very few visit blogs on it. Makes me wonder if there will ever be an app that makes that change.
Third, I want to thank all of you for the well wishes and kind words as I have been recuperating from ankle surgery. I have two more weeks on crutches and then will transition into a walking boot. And I am fine tuning driving with my left foot so I can get kids to all the summer things that start on Monday.
Finally, I have been given two awards.
Leslie gave me
For this award I need to state seven random facts about me.
Tonja gave me
For the Kreativ Bloggers, I need to answer these ten questions and then state ten random facts:
1. What is your favorite song? Right now, probably Someone That I Used to Know, both Gotye and Walk Off the Earth's versions and anything put out by The Piano Guys
2. What is your favorite dessert? Because it's summer, a Horchata shaved ice with coconut cream from the local Tiki Shack
3. What ticks you off? People who don't use their turning signal when turning right, or think because they are loud, they are right.
4. What do you do when you're upset? I tend to revert inward.
5. What is/was your favorite pet? I had two labs as a kid, and they had just the right number of puppies with the right genders for me to name them after the characters on Gilligan's Island.
6. Which do you prefer, black or white? Black
7. What is your biggest fear? A life unfulfilled
8. What is your attitude mostly? Sarcastic and determined.
9. What is perfection? Pursuing dreams while encouraging people I love to chase theirs.
10. What is your guilty pleasure? NCIS
Ten random facts about me: (I'm just doing 10-not 17)
1. I'm just under 6 feet tall.
2. I teach in the classroom where I took two English classes in high school.
3. I love chocolate covered cinnamon bears.
4. There is nothing like the thrill of stuffing a volleyball with a good block.
5. I have super sonic hearing.
6. This works really well for me as a parent and a teacher of teenagers.
7. I can't play video games that require me to steer. #epicfail
8. By the time my youngest graduates high school, I will be 45.
9. I was the oldest girl on my side of the family to get married (21).
10. I love spicy food but not to the extreme.
Okay, I have seen these go around all over the place, so if you haven't been awarded, please consider this your time. I love to hear what people have to say about them.
Are you fans of The Piano Guys or Walk off the Earth? Did you go check out the giveaway?