Dec 10, 2012

Celebrating Alex J. Cavanaugh

Today is the day the blogosphere gets to have a little fun in the way of saying "Thank you" to one of the most supportive bloggers in existence, Alex Cavanaugh. He manages to balance a job and life and be married to a wife hotter than Kate Beckinsale and still visit hundreds of blogs a week.  Here's my 100% accurate estimation of the look and character of Alex.



In +/- 20 words, what does Alex look like? 
Better than 
Starred opposite Kate Beckinsale in Serendipity

taller and better hair than
Starred opposite Kate Beckinsale in Aviator
so probably closer in line with
Starred opposite Kate Beckinsale in Van Helsing.


In +/- 20 words, who could play Alex in a documentary? (Living or dead.) 
It has to be someone who can actually play a guitar (not just fake it) and act, so I'm thinking


In +/- 20 words, who does Alex remind you of? 


I think one of the reasons Atticus Finch is such a compelling character is because he quietly does what is right, period.  I have seen Alex encourage people after commenters have been@#$!, when writing isn't going according to plan, when life is frustrating, and he doesn't leave tons of words, but they have a great impact.  

In +/- 100 words, (excluding the title) write flash fiction using all these prompts: 
The Miracle on World-Wide Blogs
(Singing) "It's the most, IWSG time of the year."
"What are you talking about?  It's just winter." 
"You still don't believe?  
"Believe in what?"
"In Cavanaugh! Three days a week, he goes around to all the bloggers of the world and provides them with motivation and encouragement."
"That's impossible.  No one can do that three days a week."
"He does! And once a month, he supports and encourages writers who aren't sure if they are good enough, leaving happy thoughts along his way. He has his cyber-Cosbolt, and of course Ninja skills, and he gets home in time every day to play his guitar. Sign up and you'll see."
*within 10 minutes of posting - comment from Cavanaugh about the blogger's awesomeness*
"I believe.  I believe in Cavanaugh!

For Bonus Points: 
In +/- 40 words, leave a comment for Mrs. Cavanaugh - thanking her for sharing 
I know the essential nature of having a supportive spouse, and I'm so happy, Mrs. Alex, that you will share the love of your life with us very often.  But more than that, I love that Alex loves you enough that he will follow through with your wish to keep your private life private.  Thank you.

A big thanks to Mark,Morgan, Stephen, and David for the great idea!


36 comments :

Julie Luek said...

Oh I love the Atticus reference-- yes, so true.

kmckendry said...

Nice flash fiction. I believe in Cavanaugh!

Miranda Hardy said...

I believe! I believe!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I think I believe now!
Wow, thanks for the kind words and comparison. Bonus points for Jackman of course. Oh heck, anyone opposite Kate!
Thanks so much, Tasha. I'll try not to let anyone down.

JeffO said...

Is that pronounced "Is-we-guh"?

Hmm, I've now seen two who think Alex looks like Hugh Jackman...and I've never seen the two of them in the same place at the same time....

Yvonne's World of Poetry said...

An excellent post to celebrate"Our Alex", he is one in a million.
Have a good day,

Yvonne.

Siv Ottem said...

Loved you descriptions of ALex and great Flash Fiction piece. I believe as well!

Donna K. Weaver said...

This is wonderful. And I love that you've got all the Kate Beckinsale references, because we all know how Alex and Kate are tight.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Oh, yeah, Hugh Jackman. Why didn't I think of that.

David P. King said...

Lol! Excellent. Jackman and Cusack? You just made me swoon. Wonderful tribute, Tasha! :)

Cassie Mae said...

I'm dying! Best Flash Fic of the day so far! :D

Brinda said...

I liked all the choices and laughed when I got to Atticus Finch. That's great!

Sherry Ellis said...

Nice flash fiction!

Luanne Smith said...

Oh, he had to love all the mentions of Kate Beckinsale. :)

Nancy Thompson said...

Love the pics! I used a bit of Jackman myself. And Atticus was a very nice touch indeed!

Suzanne Furness said...

I believe!

J. A. Bennett said...

I have to agree with the Atticus thing as well. Great flash fic!

Tamara said...

I believe!! And I love Atticus, awesome comparison. :)

Morgan said...

Ohhhh... Atticus Finch wins!!!!!

Definitely.

Love it.

prerna pickett said...

starred opposite kate beckinsale, love it!

Tammy Theriault said...

i'd like to take all of the top three alex...oh, this isn't jeopardy? my bad

Emily R. King said...

Atticus Finch is perfect!

Lynda R Young said...

I reckon Alex would like being compared to someone playing opposite Kate Beckinsale. Heck, I reckon he'd like being in the same sentence as Kate Beckinsale!

Jeff Hargett said...

Really like the angle yous took with this, both in the photo/descriptions and with the Flash.

Nicole said...

Ooh, Atticus Finch is a good one!

Allison said...

haha, I like the Beckinsale / Jackman references!

Allison (Geek Banter)

sydneyaaliyah said...

I totally get the Atticus reference. I can see it. Great post Tasha.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Atticus - great reference! And ten minutes . . .I think it's more like 30 seconds. He's ninja fast! And always encouraging.
Great post!

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

This was awesomely done, Tasha! I know "awesomely" can sound silly, but it fits so well here. Merry Christmas!

JJ said...

Alex Fest - Cheers!

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Nice flash fiction. I believe in Alex too!

Kimberly Gabriel said...

Oh, I love the Atticus Finch comparison!

Kelley Lynn said...

Great flash fiction :)

The Golden Eagle said...

Ha! I love that you chose people who've starred next to Kate Beckinsale.

Em said...

Aw, this is lovely! What a nice post. I believe!

DL Hammons said...

Ahhhh...Gary Sinese...excellent choice!! :)