Mar 25, 2013

A to Z Blogfest - I'm in!!!

I participated in the A to Z Blog Challenge last year and had a blast. But my blogging this year has been sporadic at best and so I thought it probably wouldn't be fantastic for me to join, deciding instead to focus on writing and revising.

But then, yesterday, it hit me. The topic. The great way to move my blog in a direction that is a little more guided than just writing in general. And I still wondered about it, not sure, but when I sat down for just twenty minutes and had all my post topic except four letters, I decided I should take the plunge.

I'm partly doing this for selfish reasons. I really love blogging, really love the connection that this community has and I've missed it.  I can't wait to jump in, find new people that will form a relationship and get the online interaction back that I have really come to love.

So, this year, for A to Z, I will be highlighting what I write - women's fiction. At times it seems that the writing community is the gathering place for everyone MG, YA and fantasy, and while I LOVE LOVE LOVE all my writing buddies, I wonder if more people would be interested in Women's Fiction if it got a little more awareness sent that way. This is the genre that I love to read, and have really loved writing. I plan to highlight books that I have read in this genre as well as those that I can't wait to get my hands on, hoping that somewhere along the lines, there might be someone who was looking for more resources on women's fiction, that someone might find a book that will make them consider the genre jump, and that I can shed some light on some books that are really amazing.

On Wednesday, I'll spend a little time explaining what this genre is - if you aren't sure, stop by then :)

Are you participating in A to Z? (If so, please let me know where to find you in the comments). Have you picked a theme? (Really, it's so much easier to do this if there is a theme). Do you read women's fiction?

16 comments :

Donna K. Weaver said...

Oh, how fun! I did it the last two years. Met a lot of awesome people.

Robin said...

Great idea to focus on Women's Fiction and book recommendations. I'm always looking for a good read.

I'm attempting A to Z for the first time and have my theme, but barely any posts written. I'm hoping to draft 3 a day this week so it doesn't get too stressful in April.

I have read some women's fiction, but mainly I read YA and MG.

robin-hall-writes.blogspot.com

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad you're on board and excellent topic!
My fourth year and I've already written all of my posts.

J. A. Bennett said...

Sweet! I can't wait to read all about it! The same thing kinda happened to me. I wasn't going to do A-Z when the theme just popped into my head. I knew I couldn't stay away. Cheer's to taking the plunge!

S.P. Bowers said...

Have you heard of the new Women's Fiction Forum/website/organization?

Here's the link.
http://womensfictionwriters.org/

I'm doing A-Z but don't have a theme. Honestly I found it much easier without a theme, but then I generally do things backwards.

YVONNE LEWIS: said...

Glad you decided to take part.
I am Yvonne on of Arlee Birds Ambassadors for the challenge.
Good luck I will be popping in and out throughout April.

Yvonne.

Angeline Trevena said...

Good luck! The draw of A-Z is just too strong to resist...!

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I'll be seeing you in April!

Livia Peterson said...

I love the topic, Tasha! It's something you're passionate about and that's what matters. See you in April!

Nick Wilford said...

I'm a bloke, but I'm happy to follow along and get educated on this genre. I love the connection too and I've been sporadic with commenting. Can't wait to meet new folk in April!

Jessie Humphries said...

I've never done it... And I don't have a clue what theme I would choose! Not a clue! But I know I'd benefit from it...

Krista McLaughlin said...

Sounds like a great idea! I'll be doing it this year too; it's my second year. Can't wait to read your posts!

Susanne Drazic said...

Great idea for your A-Z blog posts. I participated last year and had a lot of fun. Not doing it this year, but I will stop by the blogs of those who are participating so that I can show my support. : )

JeffO said...

No A-Z for me; I can barely organize two posts/week, never mind four times four weeks. Good luck!

Erin Shakespear said...

*sigh* I jumped on the bandwagon, too. I'm not sure about my theme. There's a couple ideas brewing in my noggin. We'll see.

I look forward to learning more about women's fiction!

Leslie said...

yay! I'm excited to learn more about you during AtoZ!!