Apr 3, 2013

A to Z - C Reading Wishlist & IWSG

Welcome to A to Z! This year, I'm highlighting women's fiction books (and probably instilling a decent amount of cover love in the process).

I haven't read any of these books yet, but I really couldn't decide which one to highlight, so I'm sharing all three. And to keep it brief, I've linked the synopsis for each under the picture...resist if you can :)

The Care and Handling of Roses and Thorns by Margaret Dilloway.



Calling Me Home by Julie Kibler.
Synopsis from Goodreads

The Comfort of Lies by Randy Susan Meyers.


Synopsis from Goodreads
Today is also the first Wednesday of the month which means time for the Insecure Writer's Support Group, hosted by Alex Cavanaugh.


Mine is just what it has been for a few months - so much to do, so little time. I'm already two books behind my reading goal for the year, am way behind where I wanted to be for revisions, and though I try to tell myself everything I'm doing is of value, it's hard not to get frustrated by all the things I haven't done. Le sigh.

Have you read any of these books? Which one looks/sounds the most interesting to you? Have you figured out how to juggle all the things?





15 comments :

Dani said...

Wow, these all look like wonderful reads. Everybodies TBR list is definitely growing this month!
Dani @ Entertaining Interests
#warriorminion

YVONNE LEWIS: said...

Such a choice of books, where to begin?

Yvonne.

deathwriter said...

I haven't read any of these, but I don't usually read fiction. I just read "Harry Potter," so I'm a little behind in my fiction reads. But, this year I want to read more fiction, so I'm looking for suggestions.

S.P. Bowers said...

The covers look great, but I haven't yet read any of them.

Juggling? Ha! No, I'm with you on being frustrated because I can't do everything as fast as I want. Le sigh, indeed.

ilima said...

Those are all so pretty. If you figure out how to get everything done, let me know.

Jai said...

I haven't read any of these books but The Comfort of Lies sounds interesting.

Juggling ha I don't suppose I'll ever get it worked out. I just do the best I can.

Erin Shakespear said...

How to juggle it all? Well, that's just easy peasy.

And I lie. A lot.

I agree. It's really tough not to get down on yourself for not measuring up to where you wanted to be. But maybe that's the problem right there. Expecting too much of ourselves. Maybe we need to be better about setting goals that are more achievable even if that means setting tiny litle goals. And, also, really celebrating what we have accomplished. :)

Cassie Mae said...

I hear ya about having way too much crap on the plate. I feel stretched to my limit, and find myself wishing there was more time. :)

sydneyaaliyah.com said...

I heard about Calling me Home and can't wait to read it. I am in an overwhelmed state of mind at the moment. I understand. Just power through. All we can do and realize it won't always be like this.

Annalisa Crawford said...

My first thought is: what's a reading goal? I'm turning into one of those horrible writers who doesn't read. I'm hoping to rectify this in the next couple of months!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

This month, I'm not going to even think about the things I haven't done!

Daniel B. said...

I feel like I've heard about Comfort of Lies somewhere...but I draw a blank beyond that. Great suggestions, though.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

None of the books look familiar.

When you get far enough behind, some of the things you don't do fade from view. Like housework. Not that I mind!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I haven't read any of those books. I usually get more motivated and better organized the more I have to juggle.

Pauline Wiles said...

I am a struggling juggler, too. Goals are great, but for certain personality types (me - maybe you, too?) they can be a bit of a noose... We always expect too much from ourselves!