Apr 5, 2013

A to Z - Edenbrooke

Welcome to A to Z! This year, I'm highlighting women's fiction books (and probably instilling a decent amount of cover love in the process)

E is for Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson.


Synopsis from Goodreads: Marianne Daventry will do anything to escape the boredom of Bath and the amorous attentions of an unwanted suitor. So when an invitation arrives from her twin sister, Cecily, to join her at a sprawling country estate, she jumps at the chance. Thinking she’ll be able to relax and enjoy her beloved English countryside while her sister snags the handsome heir of Edenbrooke, Marianne finds that even the best laid plans can go awry.

From a terrifying run-in with a highwayman to a seemingly harmless flirtation, Marianne finds herself embroiled in an unexpected adventure filled with enough romance and intrigue to keep her mind racing. Will she be able to rein in her traitorous heart, or will a mysterious stranger sweep her off her feet? Fate had something other than a relaxing summer in mind when it sent Marianne to Edenbrooke.

Confession: I haven't read this book yet.  I bought it at a conference last year, had Julianne sign it (embarrassing note, I leaned in for a picture and totally put my hand on her thigh to keep balance and we really don't know each other and I didn't notice what I had done until I stood up and...yea...awkward). I just haven't quite got to it yet. But I have a feeling several others have read it - if you have, I'd love to know what you thought about it in the comments :)




11 comments :

S.P. Bowers said...

Love Edenbrooke!

Dani said...

Love being introduced to new books.
Dani @ Entertaining Interests
#warriorminion

Nick Wilford said...

It really does look like a classic from back in the day!

Julie Daines said...

I loved this book. It's so sweet and simple, and the story just pulls you in.

ilima said...

I just read it two days ago and LOVED it. Seriously loved it. I was so surprised how good it was. You won't be disappointed.

J. A. Bennett said...

I seriously need to read this one. Like really, really, really need to read it. Gotta get on that!

Jai said...

I haven't read it but it sounds like it needs to be added to the TBR pile.

YVONNE LEWIS: said...

A brilliant review will certainly get the book.

Yvonne.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

This sounds like a book I might like. Putting it on my list.

Robin said...

I've heard from a few people that this book is incredible. Moving it even further up my TBR pile!

Donna Nolan said...

Edenbrooke was my favorite book of 2012. I have read it three times already. I adore the characters and their sweet love story.