Oct 2, 2013

Post- (unplanned) Hiatus

I really did have aspirations of having a blog post go up on Monday, but now it is Wednesday night and I just opened my blog for the first time in weeks. But I have thought repeatedly about things I'd like to say and just haven't remembered to do it. For those of you still here, thanks for sticking around.

I'm working on a project right now that I have taken over a month to really plot out. I used to think I was a pantser, but I'm not, and plotting it taking longer than I would have liked (there's this job that keeps getting in the way), but it has been interesting, during the plotting, how much I have come to know about my characters before I even really wrote them.

I am a fast person - I walk fast, talk fast, get things done fast - so teaching myself to write and think and process slowly has been hard, but I can already tell my characters, plot, nuances are benefiting from my dedication to the time.

I have been reading some really great works lately too, so I'm planning on getting back in the blogging game. In the meantime, and since I've been offline for a while, what are your favorite blogs, new book you just discovered, or fantastic news I might have missed. C'mon guys, get me caught back up :)

11 comments :

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I hope you'll check out the IWSG blog/website we just opened today. I have missed reading your posts.

JeffO said...

Welcome back, and I hope your new project goes great!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Hey Tasha! It might go against your nature but sounds as if your manuscript will really benefit from all that planning. I know I outline the heck out of my work before beginning and it makes revisions easier.
What have you missed? I'll just give you my news - my third book came out and we launched the IWSG website yesterday. Yeah, nothing major.

Cathy said...

The blogging world hasn't changed much, except it might be smaller. People seem to be posting less, however I think people have moved on to twitter and Facebook instead.

Julie Luek said...

I've been reading more and more blogs from people saying they are either taking a blog break or posting less frequently. I wonder, sometimes, if it was a bandwagon we all jumped on only to slowly realize that 1) the concept is flooded and 2) that there is a max capacity for its platform capabilities.

So, for me, I write on mine, both to stay connected and to practice my writing in a fairly safe environment, but like many, I've cut back on my frequency. Besides, it's hard to keep up with daily posts on a blog-- it can become a lot to read too!

Sounds like you're doing great with your book and have a fantastic vision for it. :)

Chemist Ken said...

Came by to see your IWSG post, but I'm glad you're working on a project that's got you excited. I'll come by later and see how things turn out.

Nick Wilford said...

I should try that planning! Sounds like it's doing well for you. Still not 100% sure on doing NaNo, but I'm edging closer to a decision.

Nick Wilford said...

OK, I just realised that NaNo was not mentioned in your post. *doh* I had to go and do something in between reading and commenting!

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi, Tasha. Welcome back from your unplanned hiatus. Best wishes with your project.


Livia Peterson said...

Welcome back, Tasha! I hope your project goes well.

Kathy Wiechman said...

I think the key word in your post is "dedication." As long as you're dedicated to making the time for a project, success will be yours eventually. Best of luck!
Kathy @ Swagger Writers