Jan 1, 2014

A Year of Hope

I love the start of a new year. I begin planning things, preparing to give myself the best chance for success, thinking through the various aspects of my life. Really, I love to plan things. The funny thing about this planning phase is it  is VERY easy to get sucked into massive ideas that are completely impossible. 

So instead, I try to make all my goals be grouped into a single word that will allow me to keep a focus in my general life and make modifications in categorical situations as necessary. 

This year is the year of hope.

I hope to sort out my writing process.
I hope to find an agent as passionate about my writing as I am.
I hope to immerse myself better in the words others have written. 
I hope to NOT get caught up in what I can do and stay focused on what I should do. 

And I'm starting out on a well-intentioned plan this year. See that little icon on the right? It is a program with the Women's Fiction Writers Association where we set a single goal for the month. Mine is to write 40k words in THE LIGHT BEHIND THE CLOUDS, which would get me really close to my goal of having a draft of it completed by Valentine's Day. And I made and printed out a blog planner, so that my posts are thought out and deliberate instead of a "Holy crap it's Monday I need to post something on my blog I wonder if anyone is still following me shoot!" that was my blogging last year. 

So there is it. A hope for a more deliberate, focused year full of love and joy. And right along with that is my hope that your year is the same. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR!


8 comments :

Tyrean Martinson said...

Hope is a wonderful word for the year!!! Hope you have a wonderful and successful 2014!

Jess said...

"A year of hope." I love that! Here's to meeting our goals in 2014 :)

Donna K. Weaver said...

Your blog planner rocks. Good luck with your goal!

Krista McLaughlin said...

I love your year of hope idea! That's such a positive way to think of the coming year. I wish you the best with all of it!

Julie Luek said...

My theme this year is: Fear Not-- whether it be staring down a fatty food in the eye and resisting it or trying a new workout program or writing a daring piece and submitting it. Happy New Year.

Kim Van Sickler said...

I HOPE you succeed!

David P. King said...

I'm hopping on this Hope wagon with you. :)

Nicole said...

Hope is a perfect word to describe the start of a new year. Wishing it all comes true for you!